You might want to use a custom security role for the API member authenticating with your Simplesat account if you want control over more granular permissions.
Creating a new role
Head over to System > Security Roles in your ConnectWise Manage account
Choose to create a new role, or edit an existing one. If you're creating a new role, you can name it Simplesat.
Editing access levels
Once you create a new role, you can choose the access level for each individual module in your ConnectWise account.
For each module you can configure access for Add, Edit, Delete and Inquire levels.
We recommend the following minimum settings for Simplesat to work best with your ConnectWise account.
Choose "All" for the settings listed below:
- Company Maintenance - Add, Edit, Inquire
- Contacts - Add, Edit, Inquire
- Notes - Add, Edit, Inquire
- Surveys - Add, Edit, Inquire
- Team Members - Add, Edit, Inquire
- My Company - Add, Edit, Inquire
- Project Tickets - Add, Edit, Inquire
- Service Tickets - Add, Edit, Inquire
- API Reports - Add, Edit, Inquire
- Member Maintenance - Add, Edit, Inquire
- Table Setup - Add, Edit, Inquire
Note that many integrations between Simplesat and ConnectWise will work without some of the above settings allowed. There also might be future integrations that require additional settings to be configured.
If you run into an issue where part of an integration isn't working, the security role settings are a good place to look to see if something needs to be enabled. For example, if member names aren't correctly being imported into Simplesat, you may need to enable the Member Maintenance settings in the System module.
Enabling the Table Setup setting will allow us to troubleshoot any issues for you if you'd like.