Simplesat surveys make it easy for you to ask your customers the right question, at precisely the right time. 💯
All feedback is collected in a structured way and presented in straightforward dashboards, which gives you the insights you need to improve customer satisfaction.
Some of the top uses for Simplesat surveys are:
- Embed a CSAT survey into your existing helpdesk email workflow.
- Send your customers recurring email NPS surveys.
- Add surveys to your employee's email signatures.
- Include surveys in follow up emails after a project is completed.
How do I create a survey?
1. Choose a metric for the primary question
The first step when creating a new survey is to choose the primary question. This is the most important question in your survey.
Think of it like this: If you could only ask your customers ONE question after a specific interaction, or at some point in time, what would it be?
- CSAT (Customer Satisfaction Score) measures the customers' satisfaction with a specific product, transaction, ticket, or project interactions. This would help you understand your customer service team's performance and how happy your customer feels about the service provided.
- NPS (Net Promoter Score) measures customers' long-term happiness or customer loyalty. This would help you understand how satisfied your customer is with the company's overall performance and how likely they'll promote or recommend your products and services.
2. Build an awesome customer survey and make it stand out!
You have full access to most of the survey contents. You can customize the survey elements such as the icons, rating scale, and choice labels, or you could also use the defaults provided.
- Icon set
Choose which one you'd like to display on the email survey from our current icon selection. If you'd like to use custom rating images, let us know, and we'll kick off the process. 😎
Can't decide which icon set to use? We heard that customers love the cat icon set. That's a secret, so don't tell anyone! 🤫🤭
There are pros and cons to each type of scale. In general, a smaller scale is simpler to present, while a larger scale offers more granularity in the data you collect.
You can choose from the currently available rating scale: two, three, four, or five rating scale CSAT surveys.
- Set the follow-up question
The follow-up question uses a bit of conditional logic based on the answer from the previous primary question.
- Add additional questions
Additional questions are used to gain more insights and information about how your customer feels.
You can use the following question types:
Multiple-choice - Choose between two and five options.
Sliding scale - A slider presented on a 0-10 scale.
Comment box - Free flow text answer.
- Preview your survey
The Preview button allows you to see how the survey will actually appear for your customers.
What will happen if I click preview?
Clicking the preview button would direct you to the first question of the survey. The clicks will be recorded as real ratings from the customer "Tester McTestface" which, you can delete from the Feedback page. You'd need to save your survey first before viewing the latest updates on the preview page.
3. Configure your survey
By default, your first survey will be named Satisfaction Survey, but you can edit this to whatever you like.
When you have this feature enabled, the ticked IDs in your Simplesat account automatically turn into links that will open the ticket in a new window.
The last part of your survey will show a "Thank You" page. You can customize the content of this page based on your primary question sentiment.
Like in the Build section, feel free to use the defaults provided, or customize to your heart's desire.
Seize the moment! Get more 5-star reviews by sending satisfied customers to your review pages around the web, or direct them to a channel to contact you when they leave negative feedback.
4. Publish your survey and start collecting feedback
- Choose between two main ways to source feedback: embed or email.
The embed option is great when adding a survey in any existing emails or ticket workflows you have.
Examples of where to use an embeddable survey:
- Helpdesk - Add the rating buttons into your "solved" or "closed" support ticket email templates for ConnectWise, Zendesk, Autotask, Salesforce, Freshdesk, or other common helpdesks. Our surveys can integrate with several helpdesks, enabling you to sync the ratings back to the original ticket and pull in the ticket information to your Simplesat account.
- Email - Include the rating buttons on your Gmailor Outlook email signatures to allow your email recipients to rate your service/interaction.
Email surveys use the Simplest platform to deliver emails to your customers. With an email survey, you can customize the sender email address, subject line, and email content.
Examples of when to use an email survey:
- Quarterly NPS emails
- Ask for a satisfaction rating after a completed project
- Ask for a satisfaction rating after a check-up or appointment
Note: Importing and syncing your customer contacts is required when using the Email delivery. You can view our current integrations to see which platforms we can sync with. You can also import customers from a different platform via CSV.
After creating your survey, test it out internally with your team and let us know if you have any questions, or schedule a quick demo.
LAUNCH IT! 🚀
Trust us, you'll be happy you did. 😉
Don't think of this as implementing a big new system. You can always roll things back by pausing the survey or removing the embed codes.
If you have any questions about which type of survey is right for you, just let us know, and we'll be happy to help! 🙌